November 2014 Parent Bulletin
Halloween Carnival is a major social event for the entire school community, sponsored jointly by MVSA and the parent-teacher’s group at Mission San Jose Elementary. This year’s carnival will be held on Saturday, October 25th, between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, at the MSJE Campus.
To save time, wristbands and food cards can be purchased online at: http://mvsa-fremont.org/halloween/
Many parent volunteers are needed to staff Scarecrow Cafe, where MVSA will be selling prepared food and drinks to carnival-goers. Please signup online at http://goo.gl/BeKwQV.
The Book Fair will be running from September 10 through September 18. Visit the Book Fair home page to get more information about the fair, including hours.
Ms. Langford also needs volunteers to help during the Book Fair. Please sign up to help if you have any free time during opening hours. Sign up today at https://www.volunteersignup.org/PCCFD.
Once again this year the MVSA will be hosting a “Welcome Back” reception for all the parents on the first day of school in the MUR starting at 8:30am. During the reception you’ll be able to meet our new principal, Mike Pappas, and also ask MVSA Board members any questions you may have. Of course you’ll also be able to catch up with many of the other parents as well. We hope to see you there!
It is with deep sadness we inform you that we have lost a member of our Mission Valley Family. Linda Salvador, a third grade teacher, passed away this summer while scuba diving in the Philippines.
In honor of Mrs. Salvador, Mission Valley School will host an Open House followed by a Candlelight Vigil. This will be an informal gathering for all who would like to share time together in Mrs. Salvador’s memory. We are hoping the Salvador family will be able to join us.
The Open House will be held on Friday evening, August 22nd. Please feel free to drop in any time between 6:30 and 8:30. There will be baskets available for cards or condolences, and Memory books in the event you would like to share a special memory of Mrs. Salvador. The Candlelight Vigil will begin around 8:00.
Thanks to your support, the MVSA was able to deliver lots of value to the Mission Valley community in 2013-2014. Your contributions, both in time and donations, make a HUGE difference for our children. Below is a brief summary of the major accomplishments that MVSA contributed towards during the year:
- Dozens of student, class, and teacher appreciation celebrations!
- Financial donations and rewards given to teachers to enhance their classrooms!
- Matched funds raised for school library!
- Funded another year of the computer lab and staff (Thanks Ms. Nagata)!
- Supplied all students with school-spirited Friday Folders for homework!
- Fully funded the purchase and installation of a new school marquee with LED sign
- Held several campus clean-up events!
- Sponsored e-waste recycling event!
- Helped bring the Golden Sneaker Contest to Mission Valley!
- Funded the Accelerated Reading Program and Scholastic Weekly Readers for all classes that requested them!
- A great yearbook to preserve all the memories for the students!
- Coordinated several successful school-wide events including the Jog-A-Thon, the Halloween Carnival, Letter Reward Picnics, and more!
- Hosted Family Game Nights and Family Movie Night!
- And much much more!
Find out more about the investments MVSA has made by attending one of our upcoming meetings or review our MVSA meetings page.
Thank you all! The bands performed spectacularly at the two Mission Attendance Area concerts this month. The band students and their instructors shared their love of music and deserve a well-deserved congratulations on their accomplishments. FEF also thanks you for your generosity and support of the elementary After School Band Program—at last night’s concert we received over $3,100 to keep music in your elementary school! FEF truly appreciates your wonderful show of support—and, in case you were curious, your contributions resulted in the largest donation received this band concert season! Thank you again and have a fun, safe, musical summer!