Science Olympiad Div A:
The Elementary Science Olympiad (ESO) is an exciting opportunity for elementary kids grades 5-6 to participate in science events whose purpose is to excite, inspire, challenge and foster interest in Science, Engineering, and Math.
Regarding Team Membership
There are various Science Olympiad Organizations and last year our MVE kids participated in Bay area Science Olympiad for elementary and won the Championship. Regionals and Nationals are not applicable to this event. Refer to Elementary Science Olympiad http://bayareaeso.weebly.com/ Competitive Tournaments, for information. Each team would have to register representing Mission Valley and the registration costs is ~ $160/team.
Join interest groups : https://groups.google.com/d/forum/missionvalleyscioly
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (sujatha, Sarita , Neela, Kiran, Rajesh)
Deadline for registration : Nov 30th 2016
- Science Olympiad is a team event held on one single day (8am-4pm) and there are 11 events/topics in total that each team will participate in. Any number of teams from a school can participate. Individual event winners and the championship will be awarded the same day.
- Each Team will have a min of 6 and a max of 8 Kids. Its recommended to have maximum number of kids in each team. Two kids can plan to do one event together and there will be ten such events. There will be one group event where entire team can participate.
|What to expect
||Parents please note:
- Register early, form your teams atleast 3-4 months ahead of the event. Ex: By mid Dec. Familiarity within the group may help, so kids work as a team.
- Team Coach is the glue that holds the team together. We need dedicated parents who can coach the teams and ensure team stays focused.
- Topics involved in the events range from 4th through 7th grade science. This would mean commitment from both parents and kids to learn, research and prepare. Expect meeting with your teams atleast 2 to 3 times a week (apart from school work) for 3hrs or more!
- Be flexible and ready to stretch your schedule, it is a LOT of effort.
- The event happens mostly End of May. When you sign up, make sure you have no extra curricular activities planned around the time – like Dance, Music or any Sports finals (reason is, if you cannot participate in Science Olympiad for any reason, the entire team will have a disadvantage. Please don’t do that for any team).
|History at MVSE